Thursday, January 24, 2019

Letters from Duncan McKenzie to his Brother-in-law John McLaurin in Richmond County, NC

“Duncan is full of the Idea that I will Visit No Ca next winter
I was more desirous last fall on account of my not being enga-
-ged only in the crop all my inter valls were to me lost time as I
could not be at any thing to enhance the value of my own
place then not known, tho it may not be impossible for me
to See no – ca next winter If Betsy can effect a Sale of her
place and wish to move here I will try to go of course but you
known every one that has a place can find something to do
on it — it would be highly gratifying to me to see you all
but my little matters call my attention here…”
Found at  the 'From Ballachulish to South Mississippi' Blog, Letters from Duncan McKenzie to his Brother-in-law John McLaurin in Richmond County, NC


John McLaurin’s tombstone in Stewartsville Cemetery, Laurinburg, NC. In Memory of John Son of Hugh & Catharine McLaurin Born Sept. 1789. Died March. 22. 1864. (The name S. Buie appears at the bottom and may refer to the monument maker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment